• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TruePower fan only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gerfey

I'm getting the Antec Sonata, which comes with the true 380, and I was wondering if anyone knows what voltage range the fan only connectors cover. I looked through the manual on the antec site, but can't find anything that seems useful.

Secondly, is there an equation or something that will tell you how much quieter a fan will run when you lower voltage?

Been posting myself into the ground today, but what the heck - one more won't hurt ;)

These connectors would be for 12v fans - not sure how low the voltage would be though when the PSU first starts.

As for that equation, I don't know of any that would work - too many variables to consider like the acoustic properties of the room and case, among other things.

The "Fan Only" connectors run about 4.7-5.2V at their default (lowest) voltage and ramp up to about 10.5V at maximum voltage. These voltages were measured on a few different TruePower PSUs using a multimeter.

Antec states that a total of 3 fans should be connected to the "fan only" connectors...Nice case... ;)You will love it...:cool:

I fave the TruePower 480w and measured the 'fan only' connectors with my multimeter. They are always around 5v. Never higher, sometimes in the high 4.9v when you first boot.

If your looking for them to go up to 10v you'll really need to load the PSU and to be in a HOT HOT climate, which i still doubt you'll be able to reach.

Don't bother with them, get a fan controller for true control!

I removed the antec fan and installed two of these Pansonic Panflo's http://www.directron.com/120l1a.htmlhttp://www.directron.com/120l1a.html ...Connected them to the "fan only" molex connectors...Virtually silent and moves a bunch more air than my Antec 1080 with five 38CFM 32dB-A Panflo's...Out of all grills out there I find the honeycomb type in the Antec, Chieftech's to be reasonably unrestrictive, easily the best of any "stamped" grills I have experience with...If you do not like the idea of connecting the fans to the fan only headers get two of these Panflos http://www.directron.com/120l1a.html Your gonna love that case...:D

I've actually already got an L1A, they're sweet, its going to be the front intake fan most likely, but I'll probably stick with the antec one for the exhaust

The stock Antec fan when connected to a regular 4pin molex are not very quiet, but when connected to the "fan only" header is resonably quiet...Guess I am just Panflo crazy... :eek:

I'd go with another panaflo, but there damn expensive in Canada. I guess they're expensive in the US too, but its hard to justify paying more for a case fan than a heatsink.

Yeah they are kind of pricey...Not Papst pricey...The box I built with the Sonata, the two 120m/m Panflos and a 92m/m Panflo on the SLK-900 is really quiet...Almost silent...:)...If you run the Antec fan off the "fan only" connector it is quiet...

Back