• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

--Service Pack 1 Helps Overclocking?--

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

I'm about to download service pack 1
Does anyone know if this will help me with my overclocking troubles? The troubles I am having is that whe I overclock to a vertain point, windows fails to load with a "repair windows" screen.:mad:
I hope someone out there can help me out with this

I have a 1700+ JIUHB 0309
512 PC2100 DDR
5600 RPM fan
MSI KT3 Ultra
Currently running at 12.5 X 150 FSB = 1882.9 mhz.
Voltage 1.6

Thanks so much in advance!!!!:mad:

K, I was planning on getting at least that, and maybe pc 3200 with the A7N8X, do you recommend that combo? With the Thoro - B?

jlush said:
I'm about to download service pack 1
Does anyone know if this will help me with my overclocking troubles? The troubles I am having is that whe I overclock to a vertain point, windows fails to load with a "repair windows" screen.:mad:
I hope someone out there can help me out with this

I have a 1700+ JIUHB 0309
512 PC2100 DDR
5600 RPM fan
MSI KT3 Ultra
Currently running at 12.5 X 150 FSB = 1882.9 mhz.
Voltage 1.6

Thanks so much in advance!!!!:mad:

As I heard in near future you might expect that new service packs will include drivers that automaticaly detect overclocked CPU's (intel 100% possible AMD too) and refuses to startup until runing on nonoverclocked cpu..

I don't know anymore where I read this, but if anyone knows more on this topic, please supply more info!

Thans!

Well I can tell you right away that SP 2 beta for XP doesn't do that...still running at 12.5x177 after applying the new SP beta...and have messed with the OC since installing...

glock19owner said:
Well I can tell you right away that SP 2 beta for XP doesn't do that...still running at 12.5x177 after applying the new SP beta...and have messed with the OC since installing...

me too can confirm that one for shoure!

Sounds to me like your hard drive is crapping out from the high bus speeds.

If your BIOS allows it, try changing the PCI divisor to /5. That will bring the PCI bus back into spec (actually, it will be underclocked if your FSB is less than 166). While underclocking your PCI bus may not be great for performance, it will show ou where the problem lies- if it works, it's almost certainly your hard drive, if it doesn't, it probably your CPU or RAM.

Back