• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unstable System At Stock Speeds!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

my rig is below ansd it wont even run stable @ 133X11 when running a game for around 2min, it closes straight out of the game and back into windows desktop. Sometimes it just gives a blue screen when idle in windows. I have tried formatting and im thinking that its teh ram but its @ high timings which doesnt make any difference to stability. Use to run it @ 2CAS 2,5,2 but now its @ 2.5CAS and still unstable. Normaly voltage core and stock GFX card I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS UP FFS! plz help or ill kick this **** from here to mars...gazz

I had a similar sounding problem, My games would close to desktop or my computer would just restart, it was cause by me having my ram clocked too high. To fix it I set the Cas and other timings back to the rams rated timings, and then changed the dividers/clock speed of the Ram. My Gigabyte SinXp1394 board doesn't like to run Ram over 400Mhz is what I discovered... so now whatever my cpu clock is at I have to make sure that I change the Ram dividers to keep them under 400. Hope that helps, and best of luck.

i seemed to run the DDR @ around 380mhz/cpu @ 2ghz 185FSB and ever since its been going crazy and not working properly it just bottles out all the time and its all @ stock i H8 gigabyte THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaz that sucks hard mate. i had my hdd go down last night - lost everything. but at least my pc still runs.

Still, now you have an excuse to get that nf7-s v2 you wanted. I'm just about to order mine:)

yes thats exactly whats happened. ILL give EVERYONE a bit of advice......NEVER BUY A GIGABYTE! and yes i will get that abit now ;)

Back