• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7, How to set up RAID?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arathorn

Registered
I just installed a new Abit IC7.

I am quite clueless on how to set up RAID..

The drives to be used are two Maxtor Diamondmax 9's, 120GB.

I tried to install the driver on the driver cd, but it said the driver wasn't supported on this chipset. (???)

So I'm asking directly how to set up RAID among these two drives on this motherboard. (BIOS settings, installation, etc..whatever else I need to know!)

Thanks a lot.
ArA

BTW, I will have Windows installed on a seperate 80gb drive..along with programs etc. The RAID is just for my files :).

Last edited:
I used 2 Ser2 adapters and 2 wd hds. Set the onchip sata to sata only and the setting to raid. Some drives require all jumpers to be removed while my wd work as masters. Also you must change the boot order in the bios. This is the second or third selection at the main bios screen. When boot you must setup the array by pushing cntl I. Some say to set stripes to 16 but intel says 128. When installing windows you must f6 and put the floppy in for windows to get the drivers. When you get to windows you will be able to install the IAA drivers. Its been a whlie since I setup my drives so if my outline is a little vague you'll understand. This is for the Intel sata controller. The other controller if you have the G verision of the MB will be onboard controller not on chip.

My friend suggested to me to get a PCI raid card instead..

Which do you guys think would be better?

And what is the best card around $50? (same price as converters)

ArA

Back