• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barebones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

anyone know where i can find some really good, cheap, amd barebones?
would like something that has a vid card that will support dual monitors, and maybe 333fsb chips. :D

I dont know of a good online store that carries decent barebones. I've had pretty good luck at the computer shows though. We get marketpro shows here and the place is packed every time. I havent bought a barebones in awhile cuz I always end up tearing it down anyways. I dont trust those guys enough to fire up a new rig cuz who knows how well the hs is seated. And I know they dont use AS3. Now I just buy the parts piece for piece and build. That way I know its good.

if you live near a frys you can get parts really cheap there, and they always have good specials on barebones and stuff

LilBuddy said:
if you live near a frys you can get parts really cheap there, and they always have good specials on barebones and stuff

He's in MD, no Fry's there......only on the left coast I'm afraid :(

edit: I agree with Tismedt, just as easy to find cheap parts, Newegg refurbs is a good place to start.....

I would buy more stuff from the tiger, but there shipping is sorta...erm...high? It was like 10 to ship my 2100+ tbred to cali, on normal UPS ground :mad:

But eh...what can you do, it may be cheaper to where you are or maybe they'll offer free shippping :)

Back