• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toggle switch article

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

Ok, I remember reading an article SOMEWHERE on wiring a switch for your pump, so when using a relay you can have the pump be on w/ out the computer being on. But I can't find it!

The main reason I need the article is to get the part # for the switch at radio shack.

Thanks to anyone who knows what I am talking about OR knows the Radio Shack part # for any switch that'll work.

Okay someone tell me if I am wrong but the amperage draw on most pumps is pretty small. So any switch that meets the amperage requirements you want is fine.

#275-322
3 amps

#275-636
6 amps, might be overkill

Just wire the switch in parallel with the relay

Good Luck

Last edited:
i am kinda intersted in this as well
does anyone know of where the article is or
best yet anyone have a link?

gizxmo said:
i am kinda intersted in this as well
does anyone know of where the article is or
best yet anyone have a link?

I'll draw something quick up for you with some links.

I just have my pump pluged in to the UPS...

If the UPS is on, the pump is on. The computer can never turn on and have me "forget" the pump is on.

Why would anyone turn a water cooled computer off ROTFLMAO! Unless you must have perfect still and quiet, I propose anyone can sleep with a watercooled computer in the room...

Just something to think about ;)

Same here.. the plug goes right out the case and into the UPS.

What's fun it putting the computer on hibernate, then turning off the master switch. When I come back into Windows, MBM reads below 30c. :)

Back