• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

gona be running a cd burner, a dvd burner, a WD raptor, either one or 2 more WDSE 80gig drives, an AIW9800, a 8knxp ( non ultra) 7 case fans plust soundblaster audigy II Ex and then a cpu fan and temp reader/fan controler. what kind of power supply am i looking at? I had the Antec 480 TrueBlue in mind, i want this to be a good psu which will last me more then 3 years. any sugestions?

raven

raven said:
gona be running a cd burner, a dvd burner, a WD raptor, either one or 2 more WDSE 80gig drives, an AIW9800, a 8knxp ( non ultra) 7 case fans plust soundblaster audigy II Ex and then a cpu fan and temp reader/fan controler. what kind of power supply am i looking at? I had the Antec 480 TrueBlue in mind, i want this to be a good psu which will last me more then 3 years. any sugestions?

raven

That Antec your looking at will meet your needs.

Hammer

ive been using the 480w trublue for some time now & have no complants , i had a 500w noname before that & got kicked out of anything cpu or memory intensive , ill never go cheep again.

http://store.yahoo.com/directron/fsp55060pln.html Is a 550 watt Fortron that you want to stay away from…If you decide to go with Fortron get the P530XF530W that goes for 70.00 plus 5.00 shipping from newegg…The 550 and 460 Fortrons are for servers, dual xeon’s etc…The 480 Antec is a nice power supply…I have two 430’s and they have been great...Excellent power supply’s…Cant go wrong with the “True” series Antec’s…;)

Back