• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mini psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alden

Registered
I'm currently making a new mod which is going to require a regular size psu to be really close to the mobo. My question is will this harm the mobo if its that close or can i possibly find a smaller than normal psu.

Thanks

yea what za bomb said, the psu is pretty dern close and there is no sheilding

Doesn't the metal cover provide all the needed shielding because the magnetic components keep their magnetic fields confined inside their cores, except for those small rod-shaped filter chokes on the outputs?

But I once read that a German magazine, maybe C'T, found that a certain Western Digital HD would go nuts if a cell phone was used within inches of it. I don't think any data was lost, but I'm not sure.

larrymoencurly- you are correct about your first statment, "Doesn't the metal cover provide all the needed shielding because the magnetic components keep their magnetic fields confined inside their cores, except for those small rod-shaped filter chokes on the outputs?"(larrymoencurly). The rod filters are called capaciters and they don't make interfearence. Transformers, coils, and diodes make up most of the interfearence.

Back