• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does this error means ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S14SR

Registered
Could some one tell me what does this error means ?
erorr.jpg

means windows could not write to that memmory adress. I would check to make sure your RAM is ok. Run Memtest. e.t.c. HOwever this is not a question for the Hiighly techical forum realy but good luck in getting this fixed

My ram has 174 errors, altho I have a stick of 512DDR XMS 3200coming.

the error doesn't necessarily mean your ram is bad. sometimes the error will pop up if another program is using that address. try closing out all unnecessary processes and programs and see if that helps. if it doesn't what i always do is reinstall windows in the same directory which will correct any errors while saving your data.

carmello22 said:
the error doesn't necessarily mean your ram is bad. sometimes the error will pop up if another program is using that address. try closing out all unnecessary processes and programs and see if that helps. if it doesn't what i always do is reinstall windows in the same directory which will correct any errors while saving your data.

I reinstalled windows like 2 times because of this problem, and it keeps poping up.
I think its the bad ram, cuz mem test showed 174 errors.

I had this MB for like 1 year, and I NEVER had any problems with it.
It just started happening since last week, I have 2x512MB XMS DDR 3200 on the way along with Athlon XP 1700, hopefully that will fix it.

Back