• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choice btw....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skulls

Registered
which one to choose between Thermaltake Volcano 11+ and the Thermaltake Volcano 7+ ????

xp2100 , mobo A7V333-X ,512 pc2100...

but between these two ,which is better , i forget to mention that it is for overclocking use :)

volcano 7+, but the fan is louder and higher pitched that the volcano 11

volcano 11 full speed: 0.36 C/W
volcano 7+ full speed 0.30 C/W

skulls said:
which one is the quietest ??

get the 11 or the 7 ???? :p)

Depends on the fan, but what are you going for? Are you going for quiet, cooling performance or both? If you are just going for quiet, then probably either of them (don't they both have smartfans? If not, go with the one that does). If you are going for performance, don't look at Thermaltake but rather Thermalright, they have the best heatsinks out there. Get one of those and a Tornado fan and you will be deaf, but happy with temps. If you want both, look at watercooing, that is your best option, but it is expensive.

ok of the advice... let say btw thse volcano 7 ,11 ,9 ... i want quiet and perormance too... any of these had smartfans ????

if you want quiet and performace get the volcano 7+ it doesnt have the smart fan, but actually a smaller 70mm fan instead of the 80mm of the smartfan, but it does come with a high/medium/low controller so it can be adjusted, and on medium you will probably get around the same performance as the v11 on full wack, bit it will be quieter.

i see what he is saying if you buy the v7 then you can run the fan slower but still get the same performance of the v11 with the fan on full

the 1st question is: is the v7 fan on half quieter than the v11 fan on full

i would guess it is:)

The 2nd question is: is the v7 on half going to perform as well as the v11 on full

and again i would guess it would:)

can some1 confirm that?

Back