• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.tar files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I got this game in a .tar compression. Can this be changed somehow so I can get a .bin out of it. Basically I need to turn it into an iso so I can install the game. Right now its a .tar and has like 40 small files inside. Not exactly sure where to go with this

Thank you!

WinZip can open tar files also. .tar files aren't really compressed, they are just grouped UNIX files.

ok thats what I thought, But some how this should be able to run on a windows machine?? Usually when I get a .rar file like this I will get a bin from it which Is easily turned into iso. When I open the .tar I don't see any bin or anything. I was thinking maybe its a bad file but it looks fine and all the smaller files come out fine. I dunno its weird i guess

.bin is usually a *nix binary. (It can also be a cd image, but it usually requires a .cue file, if i recall correctly) You can't do anything 'nix binaries in windows, but you can try to burn it if you like... A .bin file inside a .tar file points is probably a 'nix program IMO.

You could also avoid this particular problem by going out and purchasing the game you're trying to warez :rolleyes:

We don't support piracy here.

Oni said:
You could also avoid this particular problem by going out and purchasing the game you're trying to warez :rolleyes:

We don't support piracy here.

Couldn't be more eloquently put.

We do not condone usage or discussion of warez. And PLEASE don't humor us by pretending it's not warez.

cw823
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back