• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple of Questions About A New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hybrid

Registered
Im planning on buying a chieftec case sometime in the next couple of weeks and I have a few questions I have been wondering about.

1. Is aluminum better then steel?
2. Is a fan on the side window a cooling advantage?
3. Would a full tower be better then a Mid Tower?

Hope someone can help me out, thanks =).

1. aluminum is lighter and i've always thought better at cooling
2. yes, an extra fan is always a plus. also it will blow on your cpu and video card.
3. full towers allow for more air in the case which cools better, but i've alway prefered a mid tower.

i think full towers are just too tall. if you don't have a need for all that drive space, i would say get a mid size case. and i would make sure to get a fan on the side, because you will be adding one if it doesn't

Ok cool Ill get an aluminum mid tower with the side fan >=D
Thanks

Awesome cases...One of the "optional" fans snap's into the removable internal drive cage right in front of the hard drive or drives to keep em cool, excellent air flow right out of the box, with the 5 80m/m fans it should…Solid as a rock…great cases…Best bang for buck case IMHO…This is a killer case that is a little more updated... http://store.yahoo.com/directron/sonata.html ...Place for two 120m/m fans, quieter mounting for your drives, washable filter. Built a box with one a couple weeks ago and was really impressed…Even the power supply is good…Kinda pricey…Probably find just the case without the power supply from someone else… :)

Back