• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD Writers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raccoonone

What is a good brand/model? the old one I have is a HP, but I'm in the market for a new computer. and noticed HP doesn't seem to make CD writers anymore (atleast I couldn't find any).

if posible I'd like to keep the cost around $100, but I do make quite a few music CDs so it'll need to be pretty fast.

Thanks

Procyon Lotor said:
What is a good brand/model? the old one I have is a HP, but I'm in the market for a new computer. and noticed HP doesn't seem to make CD writers anymore (atleast I couldn't find any).

if posible I'd like to keep the cost around $100, but I do make quite a few music CDs so it'll need to be pretty fast.

Thanks

The best brand Plextor. But Lite-on are awesome too and cheaper, I have mine for more than a year under heavy usage and never had a problem. besides I overclocked it.

I like Plextor, TDK and Teac if you're looking for a top-end drive. For under $50 I like LG better than Lite On. They run quieter and seem to have better reliability.

A great source for optical drive reviews and news is CDRLabs.com.

BHD

Back