• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locked mulitplier work ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

I was just wondering if you blow the bridges on a 2100 to default it to a 15 multi , would it work in a k7s5a ?

Yes it would, it would just not correctly identify it as a faster chip and probably just display the actual speed or it may not even do that, but it should work fine.

<<<I was just wondering if you blow the bridges on a 2100 to default it to a 15 multi , would it work in a k7s5a ?>>>>

YES!

If you hard mod it to the fifteen multiplier it will default to fifteen and identify it as a 2400+.

7keys said:
identify it as a 2400+.

not guaranteed. There are several versions of the K7S5A, some will display it correctly as a 2400+, some will say just the speed in MHz, and some will just say AMD CPU (or something).

I stand corrected!
DanFraser is right, there are several versions.

Although I think blowing the bridges is a lot easer than putting the wires in the holes, that's hard! It took about five minutes to blow the bridges but at least an hour trying to put those tiny wires into the holes. For me to put one wire into the hole took many many tries. I felt like giving up after awhile.
Although it might be easer for others, I guess?

Back