• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Red X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

there is a big red X in emIII.. i guess it's supposed to tell me that my protein won't complete in time.. what does that mean exactly? will my data be used? will i get points? or will it go half way and cut off? god.. that's two threads with questions in one day.. lol

The Big X I think tells you that your WU won't complete on time.

Zoilo said:
The Big X I think tells you that your WU won't complete on time.

well ya.. but what does that really mean hehe...

i guess it's supposed to tell me that my protein won't complete in time.. what does that mean exactly? will my data be used? will i get points? or will it go half way and cut off?

:D

Ah. Sorry. It will just send back the work you've done and you still get credit for it.

If you just got the WU and it red-Xes just wait until another frame completes and it will most likely correct itself.

RUN! IT'S THE BIG RED X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, ignore it. You could have a rig that was shut down for a little while or the folding client went to a really low cpu utilization (such as when you're gaming) for an extended period of time.

Sooooooooooooo........... when EMIII looks at your log file and notes that you had frames that took an excessive amount of time, it will through the big red x to warn you. The only rigs I have ever seen out-right fail a time cut off are computing with cpu's under 200Mhz. I have 450's and a 500 that run just fine.

Do not fear the X!

Wedo

i no loner fear the X. i went into the options and disabled it :)

thanks for all the info fellow folders :p

Back