• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec aeroflow and fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepScience

Super Kiwi
The Vantec site says the aeroflow ships with the 5600rpm fan. Thats the one the OC review was done for as well. I just bought one and the plastic packaging says its the 4500rpm fan :p

What's up with advertising one thing and supplying another?

And while we're at it... is there any reason it should start at 4200 rpm and then slow down to 3000 rpm and then for the computer to restart?

Ambient temp 21C
Mobo temp 30
Cpu temp 46 (was 56 with stock cooler)

P4 [email protected] Asus P4PE
400W PSU

maybe there are two packages floating about..

mine:
fan speed: 5600rpm
airflow 35.5cfm
noise level 38.0 dba

i got it from newegg and when the rpm sensor died for no reason, swapped it out at frys because they screwed me like 10 times selling me used **** in a new package.

anyway.. both of them are 5600rpm...

It may sound stupid but..

Are you positive it isn't a PCToys Aeromaxx? They look exactly the same, possible fan differentials though.
I'm sure with your experience its not, but I must bring up that PCToys is selling their version of the Aeroflow.

Anyone hear about performance on the PCToys cooler, BTW?

I bought the vantec here:
http://www.below-0.net

The packaging looks the same to that advertised on the vantec website, ie. lots of vantec aeroflow signs all over it. The specifications on the back of the packaging reflect the lower speed fan specs though. The fan slows down quickly to just 3000 rpm.

All the models being sold Aussie/NZ seem to be 4500rpm versions. This isn't going to be good for temps is it?

I don't usually manage to have such a one-sided conversation here at overclockers but for future users of the search function:

The rebooting problem was because of the CPU voltage being too low. It had reset itself when I removed the chip to clean the old heatsink material off. DOH!

The slow fan speed (3000 rpm) was because Q control in the asus bios was enabled. This throtles the speed down to 2/3 normal if the chip isn't over a certain threshold. DOH DOH!

And as mentioned, it looks like Australia and New Zealand are stuck with the 4500 rpm fan being shipped with the Vantec cooler. Vantec should change their website to reflect this. :(

I'd be interested in what the temperature difference is between using the two fans (4500 or 5600rpm).

Temperature Stock HSF 2327 rpm
Motherboard 35C
CPU 56C
Room 20.6C

Temp Vantec HSF 4500rpm
Motherboard 32C
CPU 47C
Room 19.6

At full load of course.

I'm not particular stunned with this performance actually.
The copper insert only covers a small part of the Intel integrated heat spreader when used with a P4.

I need to find a thermister to see how much the asus P4PE thermister is off by.

Back