• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Medium Knowledge of C, quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I am a college student and have taken alot of C courses, I just finished my data structures course. Also took Assembly. I am getting bored just running boring homework programs in the linux stations. I would like to be able to make programs in windows that might be fun and usefull in someway Where should I start for programming in windows?? Whats the best tutorials out there, or anything else you might suggest that I would need to know.

Thanks for the info! ;)

well, i don't know why you'd want to start learning windows programming in C, but if you like the torture, http://devlib.virtualave.net/c1.html looks like a decent place to start. Personally, I would learn .NET for windows programming, much more productive than C. If you are bored, you can build some really cool applications a lot faster with C# than with C, without the intermittent suicidal thoughts that go with windows programming in C.:D

Back