• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP see's AMD Athlon XP2000+ as an AMD Duron 1.7g?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rweiss

Howdy all,

A quick question.

Win XP (Pro, SP1, all current updates) sees my AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (recognised as such in my Asus A7M266 bios [ver 1007] as an XP 2000+) as a Duron 1.7gH.

PC seems to run fine, my 3dMark03 figures seem normal for my system (XP2000+, A7M266, 512mB, GF2 Pro) of 199 3d marks so it doesn't seem to be affecting system performance.

Any reason for this and how can I change it?

thanks
rmw
Perth WA

I'm not sure why your 2000+ is showing up as a Duron, but the processor's info can be found/edited in the Registry under the following Key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | HARDWARE | DESCRIPTION | System | CentralProcessor | 0 ;)

redduc900 said:
I'm not sure why your 2000+ is showing up as a Duron, but the processor's info can be found/edited in the Registry under the following Key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | HARDWARE | DESCRIPTION | System | CentralProcessor | 0 ;)

the only problem that i have run into with that is that it will re-detect every time that you restart. i tried to do that a while back with my pentium 4 because it puts a ton of spaces in front of it for like no reason at all... you know how to keep it from redetecting each reboot? i tried to make it so a registry entry would be added that would modify it at each startup, but i would have to click "yes" to get it to add in info...

i have a xp1900 in an XP rig and it shows xp1900+. I also have the asus a7m266 rev 1007 (or whatever is the newest one). I don't think it really matters, as long as it works. It is running at 1.7Ghz. It is just like some cpu monitoring programs, sometimes it doesn't show the right thing.

Back