• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apple mac keyboard compatibility!?!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skybreakerII

Registered
I've been looking around for a black keyboard... cant find a good one (from pictures in newegg.com) I am not really a Mac fan but I like the apple pro keyboard... it's nice and simple..

is there anyway that I can hook it up to PC under XP w/o any trouble?? I want to make sure first before I purchase one (the keyboard is quite expensive, around $45)

either that or does anyone know any company produce keyboard that look like mac but for PC??

thanks alot,

-skyBreaker II

if its a USB keyboard it should be fine, and if it isnt you should be able to find windows drivers but im quite sure it will work. And the fkeys above 12 can be programmed to something else (what the location would be on a win kb) and other things can be added with reg edits i belive but i dont know anything about this other than its existance.

It's USB, and I'm pretty sure it'd work. You can use a PC USB keyboard on a Mac without any problems whatsoever, should work vice versa.

thank you everyone for replying this thread..
does anyone know if apple keyboard has printscreen key on it??
and how do I mess around w/ reg edit so I can put F12-F15 into good uses...

-skyBreakerII

it should work if it`s usb, and the mouse too, but you only have 1 button, i friend use a g4 mouse and keyboard on a pc

Back