• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk-800u/slk-900u iinstallation tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok well after having such a tuff time putting this together and the instructions on thermalrights website sucking soo much ill justput these tips
for amd socket a install

ok

#1 get the metal -x with the plastic thing on and put it on the table (my plastic thing kept slipping when i accidnetally bumped the board so i put a bit of glue to it and the metal x )

#2 align the 4 holes on the board to the 4 holes on the metal-x before you put it down

#3 use the appropriate plastic washers (if yoru mounting holes are 6mm: put the small washer on top of the big washer
for 4.2mm: only use the big washer

#4 pick up a gold metal standoff, (its the one with a place to put a screw on the top) put the washers on the bottom of it then stick it in firmly into one of the holes, and tighten and by firmly i mean put quite a bit of elbow grease into it

repeat that proccess 3 more times, dont put in another standoff intil the previous one is secure

#5 now once the metal x is securely in place install the motherboard

#6 install proccessor, put thermal grease on how you want

#7 line up the heatsinks black base holes over the standoffs then place down parallell to the cpu

#8 while holding the heatsink in place with one hand (just make it secure dont put pressure on the cpu) put the metal washers on the spring loaded screws and screw in them

#9 put the fan on

also i used a phillips screw driver for the spring loaded screws and a 1/4 wrench to help put in the stand offs

**tip you can use the spring-screws to help with stand offs, screw them into the standoffs then you can screwt he standoffs in which is easier than using a wrench, and to take out the screw just hold the stand off still with the 1/4 wrench and unscrew**

Back