• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally, the one click install!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Ok, in the continued quest for the easiest and most efficient way to borg machines and install FAH, I have finally found the method to simplify the process to one program with one-click and a reboot.

If you are running XP/XP Home/W2K(all versions), do this:

1. Download it here,
2. Unzip the file to a floppy or to a directory (folder) on the desktop.
3. Edit the client.cfg using notepad and change the username from "One-Click" to your folding username.
4. Click the Setup.msi
5. Reboot the machine. (there's no prompt, just reboot it after the flash windows are done).

Poof, your folding.

To get other's to fold for you with this:

Do steps 1-3 above.
4a. rezip the files and email them to everyone on the planet (except for me, I already have it)

or....

4b. Copy the files to a floppy/cdrom and give them to everyone on the planet (except me, I already have it).

You get the idea....

Wedo

Last edited:
DeepScience said:
Don't forget to mention the OS it works with

W2K and probably XP, but I'd have to have someone test it on XP as I don't have a computer running that OS here.

Wedo

Why not just contact the maker of the service install and see if he'll make a version that will allow users to add whatever flags they wish upon install? Scratch that, I just emailed the creator of the service install and asked if he could whip it up for me, lol, I guess we'll see. I mean, the ONLY thing left to do to make the service install perfect, and a 'one click install' is to allow the user to add whatever flags they wish to the registry.

nikhsub1 said:
Why not just contact the maker of the service install and see if he'll make a version that will allow users to add whatever flags they wish upon install?

... because people still get confused with the four options in the service install. This .msi file would have everything you need with one click. The initial test took 4 seconds to install.....

Furthermore, to install an application over a domain, you need to use an installer package (.msi file) and that's the ultimate goal.

Wedo

Can't you just use an ini text file to set up the install and configs. Then the end user can go in and edit the name and target partition\folder.

Wedo said:

Furthermore, to install an application over a domain, you need to use an installer package (.msi file) and that's the ultimate goal.

Wedo

Using WinXP:

OCI.jpg

Originally posted by Wedo Furthermore, to install an application over a domain, you need to use an installer package (.msi file) and that's the ultimate goal.

Wedo

I hope you work out the configs so the user can enter the folding name of choice and the target partition too. Looks great for getting a whole domain up and folding in the shortest time.

Penguin4x4 said:
Using WinXP:

OCI.jpg

/me slaps Penguin with a bowling ball. :D

I actually went looking for the error until I found "SmartAss" wasn't a path......

Wedo

"By George I think I've got it" :D

My concerns about the client.cfg were unwarranted as the files are packed with the installer. So, anyone who wants to use the file can edit the client.cfg and be on their way. After the edit, it's a one click deal. :D

Wedo

Back