• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF, Comp crashed and won't boot up anymore ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minoukat

I was watching a DVD, and after it ended, I went to close PowerDVD, then the comp crashes and it BSODs, with a "KMODE_blahblahbalh" STOP message. So I reboot the comp, now right before it loads windows, it says
"Searching boot record ... CD-ROM .... Not found
Searching Boot Record ... Floppy .... not found
Searching Boot record ... IDE-0 ... Booot record found" (or some other cryptic text like htat), and just stays there, doesn't do anything. It normally hsould load Win2k at this point, but it just stalls there. What is going on ?

Nope, I'm at stock, the most relaxed memory timings, ... and it still does that. I tried clearing the CMOS, didn't help.

umm... I would double check all you cables. Even if you havn't moved them since it worked last, and maybe try taking off your DVD drive since you where doing somthing with it when it crashed...

you could have messed up your IDE controller though :-/ that would sure suck.

OK, donno how or why it happened, but I found the problem : the partition tables have gone FUBAR, so I needed to rebuild them (FIXMBR/FIXBOOT). After that, it booted flawlessly. :rolleyes:

Back