• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard dead? (KX7-333R) I need some help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exodus00

Registered
Well, me and some friends were doing some research and found out the RAID controller could be used like anyother IDE controller... plugged in a spare HD into his computer, got the thing running and it worked fine. 1 HD plugged into the IDE3 RAID controller.

So I had a 40 gig, and hooked it all up. Turned on the computer, and nothing worked... Fans turned on, but nothing went to the VGA, and there wasn't even a post beep. I checked for loose wires, reseated my RAM, unplugged every PCI card, and reseated my VGA, reset the CMOS, and unplugged all IDE devices.. still nothing.. blank screen.... I am really having a hard time fathoming that that killed the motherboard. I'd like to RMA it, but I figured I'd ask for some advice on it before I did. Obviously I dont know everything, so any advice on the subject would be helpful. Thanx

Also.. everything was running @ stock settings before I did the hardware install. So.. ignore my signature

I'd get a meter and check the voltages from the PSU first, then check to make sure that the cmos battery isn't loose, after that I think you might want to check the ram, and cpu in a different board also.

How old is the battery? How did you discharge yourself from any static? Are you sure the PSU & the other components are in working condition? Plug them all into another PC to check if your parts still work.

only thing i touched was the IDE ribbon.. so static wasn't or shouldn't have been a problem before everything started to not work.. battery came with the motherboard.. so like.. over a year old... swapped in a new PSU... still doesn't work.. one was 420W the other 400W.. and I dont have another AMD computer to try out the RAM and chip... only other one we got is my parents 2.24 P4 which uses Rhambus..

Check power source. You may have exceeded the capacity when you connected those discs...

Also try to swap parts until you identify the problem.

Had the same problem as you not long ago, check the ATX connector is in correctly, that's what cocked things up for me.... the fans spin, lights are on, but it doesn't post.....
Have a drive running on IDE3 (single channel raid) perfectly ok so should be ok with that.....
Will the machine post with no IDE devices attatchd?

Your mobo could be locked in a high FSB. I would try to run a Duron if possible... reseting the FSB to 100MHz

i would remove the cmos battery and replace it first then clear the cmos and only have bare essentials in there also hey sonny nice to see you and lets get him up and going

Back