• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a value card for my mother inlaw, help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnNetti

I need to contact Silversinksam in regards to a tr
I need to get a video card for my mother inlaw today, my choices are circuit city, best buy or our local way overpriced shop.

She will not pay more then $125 so cant go above that.

I looked online and dont see any geforce ti4200's forsale at any price (from those stores above) so I guess those are out, no 8500le's anymore either :(, so that leaves a fx5200, radeon 9000 or 9200 or a geforce 440mx.

I personally wouldnt put any of these POS in my machines but it is for the mother inlaw so oh well hehe.
The only games she plays are planetside, EQ and BF1942, yes I realize that none of these are going to play those very well but I would appreciate honest opinions on which will do the best.

It really wouldn't matter if she was one of the 150 million American women who do not game would it;)

What about the 9100?

Or can you wait for a sale on the Ti4200s at Best Buy ($99)?

I didnt see a 9100 forsale at circuit city or best buy.

I am heading out for a 2 week vacation on monday so unless that sale start today or tomorrow then I cant wait, also I didnt even see any ti4200's forsale at bestbuy...

i would deff go with a ti4200, i cant speak about the other cards, but i LOVE my gf4 ti4200 it can play all the games currently out, with max seettings and stuff

If you absolutely cannot get a 9100, then skip the 5200 non-Ultra, the MX440 and the 9000 (if it's a non-pro). The 9200 is probably the best option out of those. If they have the 9000 Pro, I would go for that, but as someone already said, the 9000 and 9200 are the same core. You just have to watch out for clockspeeds - the Pro's clocks are significantly higher than the non-Pro's.

Back