• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my server keeps randomly restarting >

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

i have my main pc and my lil server that runs 24/7.. i dont have a monitor or mouse or anything for the server so i juz use terminal servises to access it.. \

anyway iv noticed that my server randomly restarts itself somtimes turns it self off...

at first i thought it was random now iv noticed it happends somtime when i shutdown my main pc my server will restart too.

my server usualy aint doen much maby p2p and webserver mainly

servers running win2k3 enterprise ed
main system that i use to remotly manage it is xp pro

im thinking maby a psu problem and i am going to check my temps also
any help would be appreciated

First things I normally suspect with random restarts are the PSU, RAM and heat, not necessarily in that order. If this just recently started, and your local weather has started heating up, that could be it.
The fact that it sometimes happens when you shut down the main rig could mean some sort of bad network signal is being sent, or that there may be a bug in 2K3

In addition to stool's post, the 3 top causes I've personally seen are

1. Heat
2. Bad/failing PSU
3. Bad power from outlet - slight brownouts, over-taxing a single outlet, etc...

thank you gent's i have not setup mbm5 yet so i will try to monitor the heat it has not restarted reciently so ill keep ya posted

Back