• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clueless WC'er

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cozmo

I want to get into watercooling so bad since I extremely know now it's the best way to overclock and especially SILENTLY.. lol.. i went for the heavy fan way of overclocking and was left with a headache, and ear dmg.. lol.. please someone teach me.. if they could.. my AIM: Cozmo107 i am looking for someone who can help please.. I am new by the way.. =] so smiling towards you all thax for having me.

read this fourm, that'll teach ya somethin :D

o and phase change cooling can easily make your comp way colder than water cooling :D

btw welcome to the fourm

Last edited:
First off, I would start reading this forum very dilgently.
Then, decide if you want home built or pre-made.
From there, read, ask, learn about the choice you made - best kits, best block, etc....
Then, save up money if needed.
Then, buy everything.
Take pics
Be proud!

Scott

Using the search button can be very helpful. If you have any questios that you cannot find an answer to, feel free to PM me anytime, and I will see if I can help.

Search is very important. Normally you can find the answer to any questions by searching quicker than you can asking.
Very simply, everything's been done, and everything's been asked for all intencive purposes. ;)

My PM's in the sig, computer's always on... Depending on the time and day, I'll normally be within 100 feet of it anyways... And when I'm not... The phone's on AIM...

This place is a wealth of information, and the amount of very qualified and technical people are astounding.

Take advantage of it and read.

Read
Read
Read

That's the most powerful tool we have... If you don't ever read anything; like so many other things in life, you won't do well here.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Water cooling is not as difficult as it is sometimes made out to be but it is still a subject that is far too large to be completely explained in on post (or one thread that people will actually read ;))

Your best bet is to read, as others have said- the best place too start reading is the Cooling Stickies and in the Water Cooling section.

Once you have read through a bit.....you will have a decent knowledge of at LEAST basic H2O cooling and we can answer more specific questions to clear up anything you do not understand.

Cozmo said:
I want to get into watercooling so bad since I extremely know now it's the best way to overclock and especially SILENTLY..

You may want to decide which is more important to you. While water cooling can be used to accomplish either, it's not magic... you're going to have to trade off one versus the other.

My watercooler is 54db, but i have a new fan on the way. This 130cfm monster is for sale if you want COLD. Not always silent.

Lots of good info in the watercooling section of the main site and in the Cooling Stickies of this BBS.

A few hours scanning down the forum, reading the threads marked newbie(or similiar) or kit or the name of a kit (koolance, exos, innovatek, swiftec, etc), or what's good would get you a lot of info.

General consensus is that you can save money and/or improve performance by putting together your own kit. The hardest part of doing it yourself seems to be mounting the radiator (heater core)/fan.

Some links:
My favorite list is Giblet's list for n00b h20.

Back