• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case's with top vent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

hi.....

everyone knows that if you have a top vent in your case, if you put a fan there you do it to vent hot air out,

it's been a couple of weeks now since i reversed mine to blow in, it reduced my case temps to within 0.5 degress of the room temp and also dropping my core temps. it's unbelievable i know but it really works, at least for me.

for all i know on my nf7-s it works better this way.
I just wonder has anyone else has tried this?
what have you got to loose if it works better.

Where is your blowhole located? In the center of the top? Front, Back?

If it is in the back, and its blowing down, that would make almost no sense at all, as it would only circulate the hot air from a PSU back through the PSU. if it were in the center, it would seem as simply another 'intake', same goes for the front-top of a case...

I plan on cutting three holes on the top of my case and having them vent all air out... And cutting a more air-friendly opening on the front of my case...

-Frank

it's in the center. it blows down between the heatsink and ram

Well it all depends whether or not you have any other case fans, it could be that when it ws blowing out there was no way for enough air to get into the case to cool effectively. In order for cooling to work good, you must have the same amout of air going in and out, otherwise the air just sits there no matter how fast your fans are spinning.

Hi.......JDXNC

i have two 80mm intakes at the front bottom
1 mini harddrive cooler in the 5 1/4 bay and the top.
only1 rear blowing out.
so you could say i'm running positive air pressure within my case.

I have a blowhole between the cd-rw and psu and it works wonders. However I don't keep it on that often, because it's loud. :D

Ben721 said:
I have a blowhole between the cd-rw and psu and it works wonders. However I don't keep it on that often, because it's loud. :D

ben

is the blow hole just a round or square hole or does have like have the grill cut out like part of the case? cos i found out if it's part of the case with the little cut outs for the fan is what makes all the noise, it's the air rushing through the vent cut outs making the noise.
i cut that out and put a wire finger guard on it and it's alot quieter

I installed the blowhole myself, it didn't come already in.

My fan is noisy because it's a 120mm quad led fan.

But my temps are fine, I don't need to even use it.

cool ben...........

thats one big fan no wonder why it's noisey.

Back