• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 at newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n6b72g

Is newegg only selling Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev 2s now? It list the chipset as Nvidia Nforce 2 SPP. However it then says it has support for the Barton 3000, but not the Barton 3200. Anyone have an idea?

Isnt that because the 3000 XP Barton are 333Mhz and the newer 3200 Bartons are 400Mhz. But I swear that the Rev 2 was supoosed to support it. Thats weird.

Yea, thats what confused me. The Barton 3000 is 333 FSB. I posted over at amdmb.com, and a couple people said they have gotten revision 2 boards.

I got a rev 2 board about a month ago from Newegg. I think the Rev 2 boards have made it into all channels so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting one.

~THT

For some reason Newegg hasn't been listing their Asus Nforce2 boards as rev2.0 or updating the specsheets . This is strange since the whole revision 2 thing was only noticed when a few people bought the rev 2.0 boards from the same Newegg . In fact they were probably the first to sell them and were doing so before Nvidia or Asus even announced them properly .

I have a rev 2.0 from Outpost.com and they didn't mention that it was one either . It is very likely that Newegg's are all 2.0 but when they expressly don't say it it means that if you get old stock or surplus 1.04 or 1.06 , you will have to live with it ( or RMA ) since they never claimed you would get a 2.0 .

Thats what I was thinking Cowboy X. I ordered an A7N8X Deluxe from newegg last night. Ill tell you guys what I get. :D

I puchased the board from Newegg last month, and I got a Rev 2.00 with barton 3200 (and fsb 400) support.

when I bought it, It was listed on newegg as Rev 2, but only listed a max fsb support of 333.

So yeah, my guess its that at this point they are all rev 2. and since according to Asus's website, all rev 2 A7N8X DLX Mobos support barton 3200 and fsb 400, you shouldnt worry much.

On a side note, Ive seen more people with a7n8x dlx rev 2 problems who purchased their boards on newegg than elsewhere.

I myself had to RMA the board before I got it working stable.

What is the big difference between rev. 1.04, 1.06 and rev 2.0
Just really curious. Ive got a rev. 1.06 what am I missing

Sink

Sinkhole said:
What is the big difference between rev. 1.04, 1.06 and rev 2.0
Just really curious. Ive got a rev. 1.06 what am I missing

Sink

Rev 2.0 boards are far more stable at speeds of 400 Mhz FSB and beyond than the older revisions . There are also some bug fixes with the firewire and SATA .

Back