• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi-Fuction Printing Devices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

Just wondering about people's experience with Multi-Function Devices. You know the Printer/Scanner/Copier/FAX in one? Some have card slots so you can put a digital camera card directly into them too.

Anyone own one of these for any length of time? How would you rate the performance, and would you buy one again?

Any recommendations?

My sister has one from HP but she bought it 2-3 years ago. I've also worked with other HP multi-function printers at my job. These are great for small offices trying to save money and space, for quick printing, scanning, copying, or faxing in small quantities. But one of these won't ever replace a dedicated device as far as quality or for heavy duty use.

Thanks, FlypSyde. I know they won't replace the quality, but I really need an all in one type thing. I don't have the room for a lot of different devices. I think it will end up costing less too. HP was one of the names I think I have it narrowed down to, Canon was the other.

For what you will probably do at home, they are fine - the odd print out, perhaps if you still are at school/college then papers print out fine, and the scanner works just nicely, but if it is going to do professional quality scanning, or if it's going to print all day long, then dedicated seperates will perhaps be cheaper.

I've had an HP PSC 750 for about 6 months or so and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I would agree with some of the above comments though that it isn't something you would want for heavy use. My wife uses it for her small, at - home business and we use it for a lot of other miscellaneous things. Like you, we don't have a lot of space so the PSC is a very handy device.

The HP PSC 750 is a little more expensive than I was planning. They have some cheap ones now in the $150-$200 range. I am going to use mostly for printing, some scanning for like Ebay, and once in a while for a copier. I don't need a fax right now.

I would think that the only significant differences in the less expensive models would be speed and resolution. So, if those things aren't too critical to you I would say 'go for it.'

Back