• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hotmail Spam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have to use the Options bar at the top, click on Junk Mail Filter. then select the option you want. I have all email sent to the Junk Mail folder unless it is from preapproved addresses.

I do that but then I cancel out some mail that I do need. Such as reciepts and such. Is there any programs that will go through a list of known companies that are spam and if so delete them?

You can add certain addys to your Safe List. You can also check the Junk Mail folder and retain certain emails you need before deletion occurs. AFAIK, there isn't an addon to hotmail that does more than the system itself. Problem is, new spam sites are created every day, so even the best programs don't get them all.

Hmmm is there another type of e-mail recieving program that I can use? Maybe some kind so that before my computer recieves the e-mails it will filter them out?

I use Eudora for my main account through my ISP. Plenty of options for filtering, just not compatible with hotmail.

Back