• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a look at this Mcmaster order before I finalize

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shroomer

member with no avatar
I want some of each type of clamp for my own comparison. Just making sure the measurements are right as I'm a little tired.

1 25 FT 5231K237 PVC Tubing Chemical, 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" Wall, Clear $0.65
FT $16.25 in the morning

2 1 PK 5388K17 Worm-Drive Hose Clamp W/Zinc Pltd Steel Screw 1/2" To 29/32" Diameter Range, 5/16" Band Width $3.90
PK $3.90 in the morning

3 1 PK 5246K67 Nylon Single Snap-Grip Hose Clamp 11/16" To 13/16" Diameter Range $4.91
PK $4.91 in the morning

Anyone know how to estimate shipping on thier site?

ARGH! I have to pay TAXES!

If you are that close (within state)... then go pick it up, avoid shipping and just pay taxes. Thats what they intend for you to do.

There are like 4 states listed as taxable from that site. I have no idea where there would be a store nearby. A State is a pretty big place.

I don't think there is a way to estimate shipping. My order of tubing last week cost $5.00 to ship.

Self

The closest plant is 166 miles away and I don't know where to get these things locally. I've never seen clearflex in town. And I've never seen these exact sizes of clamps in town.

Hmm..
Home Depo has the Clearflex (Atleast the tubing). They also have metal wormdrive clamps, no plastic clamps I know of...

That means these same things would also be a Lowes.
Basically any good Hardware store. If not there, then a plumbing supply store.

They have Clearflex 60 PVC tubing? I seriously don't know how I could have overlooked that. Also, the worm drive clamps that I saw at lowes Jumped up in size. I wanted the Max diameter to be as close to 3/4" as possible. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered it. At least it's gonna be better than a watercooling store.

DodgeViper said:
Why can't you purchase this locally? McMas. is very expensive. I order from them all the time, but it's not my money so I don't care.
:rolleyes:

***Edited by Newbie_Doo*** Sorry, but flames will get you kicked. Play nicely here, or you won't get to play here at all.

N_D

Whats up with the flames dude, dodge is a very helpful person on this forum, not wise to upset someone so willing to help all us new watercoolers out?????:( :( :( :(

Just expressing my opinon. Not calling anyone anything, just saying what he sounds like... no problems here...

Since I already ordered, I'd prefer this thread just get closed before any more arguing takes place.

It came in today! I'm pleased with the small size of the cam on the WORM clamps. I also like the plastic clamps and will use those in places. Of course the Clearfex is AWSOME! Shipping came to $4.00 and tax was just over $1.

Mcmaster has my business!

Back