• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help:: (psu)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

Well i was talking yesterday how my computer didn't work and i thought it was the psu. So today i got a new vantec 420w psu and connected the atx. After some problems i got into windows and POP a resister or something blew on my otherboard to the left of the socket (it was red it got so hot)

so wtf?? did i do something wrong or did the psu just send out to much voltage.

Last edited:
what was in this post is now false i'm in dire need of a little info.

mostly was it my fault or psu.

Last edited:
o ya the motherboard is dead its totaly friend (there was a little fire on it) here is the whole storey.

Well 2 nights ago my Antec 400 blew up . Ok this was sad but no big deal just a psu right? Went out today and picked up a nice new Vantec 420. I plug in the atx and turn it on hear a post and turn it off. Plug everything else in and go to boot it, it post then shuts off. I look everything over looks fine so i try again and POPPP! destroyed a resistor without me even doing anything. So to the left of the socket its some what melted...

I can't see how this could be my fault but if it was my fault what could it have been? Will i be able to rma? was it the old powersupply dying or the new one that could have caused this. There is now a burning smell of death in this room could make u cry.

To bad hoot wasn't around :(

well it seems epox don't cover damage recieved from a third party device (as they call the psu). looks like a new board :(.

Could have been the mobo along with the old PSU was the problem, and the new PSU might have just speeded up the process.

I have personally been in Directron when people return Vantec power supplys, claiming the power supply fried up most of their system...And not just one time...:(...And boy were they :mad:

Back