• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radio in your PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

Ok i'm wondering a car radio/cd player just looks like a perfect fit for sticking in a drive bay. Has anyone done this? If so how do you do it?
Thanks

Heh. That's one I haven't thought of. The standard DIN sizing is approximately 7"x 2", which is bigger than the half-height 5.25" bay layout and wider than most tower-style computer cases.

Aside from making it fit, I suspect RF interference from the computer components would be a problem.

BHD

It would not be hard to do and RF may not be too much of a problem , the best bet would be to open your case and listen to the radio when it in in the case and the system is running. if however you want to listen to shortwave radio or plan to use a police scanner , the the rf in the comp will kill the signal , but otherwise commercial stations have more than enough power to get by a little rf

Back