• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does Vice city take much more hardware power to play than GTA3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Just wondering, my main rig broke.....so I'm on a 500mhz, will it play decently on lowest settings?

im playing it on a p2-350@390mhz, radeon 7000ddr 200/400, and 320mb sdram. you should be able to play it :) its just a tad heavyer on the graphics than gta 3

I would have to say that it runs better/easier than GTA3 did. GTA 3 was pretty glitchty no matter what you had for hardware, and VC is much smoother. Better game, better coding and the graphics arent "that much better" than that of GTA3 to where they are really much harder on your system. I would have to say that requiring DX9 is what will limit more systems than how much video card you have.

Vice City, as mentioned, is MUCH more cleanly coded than GTA3 was.

This is why there was such a long wait between PS2 and the PC release. In my opinion, if this was the result, it was WORTH the wait.

Back