• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NO LIFE

I plan to put 2 of those new 10k RPM SATA drives into my case but space is limited since I am water cooling therefore i will probably have just about no air flow over the crives which will be stacked right on top of each other. Will this cause heat issues? And if so, how can i solve them?

Thanks.

One of my older cases used 3 10k SCSI drives with a Dell PERC (RAID controller). The ambient system temperature went up by as much as 6c when they were really spinning up. I helped the situation a *bit* by putting a LOT of air all over these beasts, and spacing them pretty far apart, but it was a very temporary solution. So yeah, I think you'll probably have issues in a completely water-cooled system. Your temps would probably rise pretty nastily.

My next major purchasing spree includes going with dual raptor HDDs... I planned on getting this:
http://www.infotechnow.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=467
and the 2nd HDD kit as well. I've seen similar DIY setups that seem to do well, and people have been happy with Koolance in the past soo... shrug. Looks good... water cooled... nice and quiet.

Other than water cooling is there a fan solution to cooling my HDD while still leaving it in the HDD rack?

Back