• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 overclocking???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renots

Registered
i have p4 2.53b chip and it7max 2 mobo...how do i go about overclocking the p4???

PCI fixed, H/W strap low, mem ratio to 3:4 if the memory can handle it (33% faster than the FSB) or 4:5 (20% faster than FSB) or 1:1, increase FSB with 5MHz steps till you find a sweet spot, if your shooting for some bigger numbers you might wanna increas vcore a little.

hmmm....I hear alot about this H/W strap but I never changed it on my p4pe and it does 185fsb with no problems. Where do you go to change it and what does it do?

yep...nobody to explain H/W ??? guess, we just have research forums and other sources...its all GOOD!!!

I don't really know either what it is, but I think it has something to do with the options you can choose.
My IT7, will cause trouble with H/W not set to low. A friend of mine need to set it to high to get 4:5 mem ratio.

I think there is something similar on the IC7 board to... put then it's 800/533 FSB or something like that...

There's no H/W strap in the P4PE BIOS, it's prolly called something else but doing the same thing. Could it be the 'Turbo' modes for system and RAM?!

Back