• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7 Updates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robbiesan

Registered
NF-7 Problem

hi all.. I just got a nice new NF-7.. I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware in the way of BIOS and drivers? Are there any BIOS updates not recommended..

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.. I'll have to wait until I get it home and open it up.. will update the thread then..

okay, I have the board and got it installed last night..

I had connected the HD, CD, CDRW, FDD.. it booted no prob and I went into BIOS to change the default CPU detection value from 12.5x100 to 12.5x166.. I noticed that I had forgotten to put a jumper on my drive, which was a slave in the previous machine.. no problem I figured, I would add the jumper to set the drive to master before next boot.. I did this and rebooted and got nothing..

power is fine (480W Antec).. the HD spins but there's no video at all..

I disconnected the CD drives, reseated the video card (ATI R8500), reseated RAM (2x 512MB/3200 HyperX), cleared CMOS.. still no go.. the system will not post and I get no video signal..

any ideas on what has happened here and how I can fix it? worse comes to worse I can swap out the board but would like to know what the problem is...

Yeah I had issues booting up sometimes after a bios change or view. I used methods 1 and 2 of the link you posted. Both worked for me. 1 worked most of the time but I had to do 2 on occasion.

Is it just me or is Abit's NF7-S v2.0 bios flakey. It "acts" up on occasion.

I wish I had read through the FAQ's while at work yesterday then I would have known what to try.. on the bright side, I finished putting the hardware together at 10:30pm so it's just as well or I would have been up til lord knows when installing s/w... :)

yeah, kind of a bummer the BIOS is flaky.. I was surprised and frustrated to have that happen so easily..

with the V2 board should I immediatly update to the newest BIOS is there a more recommended BIOS version?

considering how many of us now have these boards, and all the bios/driver questions pertaining to it, we should ask for a sticky.

Back