• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blowhole

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

Does anyone know where I could get a duct to run from my CPU fan to a hole in the side of the case? What I am looking for is some kind of tube with a flange.

use 4" dryer hose...plastic...the hose will fit over a 80mm fan...plus you will have a little extra movement when needing to take the side of the case off...

i usually scope out the plumbing dept at home depot when looking for such devices. Usually a 4" to 3" pvc adapter will work for something like that.

I know I am not Mizzery, but using a dryer hose lowered my temps by almost 4c in idle and around 6c drop when running full load, when I used the V9...don't need it using the SLK-800 and the Tt2 side blow hole fans...

And you will need a minium of 4"'s for a 80mm fan...a 80mm fan is actually 4 1/4"...

hoytron said:
Does anyone know where I could get a duct to run from my CPU fan to a hole in the side of the case? What I am looking for is some kind of tube with a flange.

I just put another fan on the side of my case blowing directly on the CPU fan. It was a lot easier then a duct. If you really want a duct, the car stereo dudes use premolded ones for bass ports.

My duct isn't runnign right now (need a mobo), but i noticed like 3c with a 120cfm fan if i remember correctly. I tried the heatsink with no fan but the duct but that didn't work. I had so much positive case pressure after that that air was blowing out around my drives so i put it on a reo and toned it down.

The thing that mattered most was getting the end of the funnel right over the cpu. I suggest making a mock side panel and ducts out of cardboard with the fan on there and see what method works best for you.

I never thought of using a sub tube, thats a great idea :)

My duct on my window 120mm that vents 90 upwards towards my heater core is just a scrap of alu foil cover wire vent the local heating/cooling shop let me have.

I will say that it works very well and looks great.

Mostly due to the fact that I covered the entire inside with alu tape from heating/air ducts. Not only dose is stiffen it up greatly, but it makes the entire inside flat instead of the waves that decrease turbulance greatly.

It also looks very badass becuase I have 3 hyper blue led's in it that are on the fan's rheo circuit.

Back