• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tv-out help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt_w_lambert

I tryed to conect the yellow colored cord(i think it is called rca) to my computer and to the yellow conector on my tv but it does not work I also have tryed s-video through an rf modulator

so is there somthing special i have to to on my computer to get it to work or what

i have an xfx geforce mx400

If the question is for Linux, theres a small utility called nvtv for that, it´s included in debian, but i dont know about other distros.

OK i downloaded that program and when i try to turn on the tv w/ the nvtv program the display is black and has white lines runing down my tv screen

I started it on the command line and it said
warning: chrontel has unusual power setings
strange conection status 08

i tryed messing around with the program and i havent goten it to work do you think i need the nvidia drivers
i have red hat 9 and it is using the nv driver from there so i don't know if the latest driver is the same as the one i am using

You know the Nvidia drivers do support tv out.

The nv driver is from XFree86, not made by Nvidia. Install Nvidia's drivers.

Back