• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Musical Drivers !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Haha... gotta love'em.

Here's the deal.

I've been working on throwing together an old DOS box. So I pick up an old ISA card in the used shop for 5 bucks, it has an OPTi chipset on it - not marked in any way (seems to be the trends with cards featuring OPTi chipsets :rolleyes: )

I cannot find DOS drivers that will work with the card at all.

The closest I have come is some "Opti 16 "(aka Magic 16 ? as in IOmagic) drivers that DO work in windows 98 and produce sound. However in DOS I get pretty much nothing, despite the card "checking out" with the drivers.

There are no FCC numbers on this card or anything. Just the chip numbers and a serial number. I have no idea who made this card, and it's ****ing me off. I should have picked up the damn Ensonique :rolleyes:

Anyway... if anyone can find anything that might work, here are some figures to work with.

#'s off chip in this order

OPTi
82C933
00cw

#on back of PCB - no idea what its for (possible FCC ID?)

HL2-VO-94V-0-9750

Serial: 247007020532

I've tried driverfiles and all that with no luck... :mad:

Can't say for sure if it's SiS or anything really, but I tried those drivers before without luck.. no DOS support there.

I've tried lots of drivers off that site.... :(

I recognized OPTi when I saw it in the store - I just recognized it for the wrong reason ....feh

Back