• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low raptor raid0 performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingdom

Hi, well i just installed theese 2 raptors in raid0 by using an adaptec 1210SA controller, i did set the strip size to 16k, i divided them in 2 partitions, 1 for the os and the second for games etc.

Now after i installed the os completely i tried out a sisoft sandra benchmark, thinking as long as it goes over 60 i'd be happy, well it shows 44.9mb/s so thats kinda like normal ata 100 raid0 performance :| i can feel the difference but if im missing out on its full potetiale id pretty much love to get it to perform at its best, any other benchmarks to throw at it too see if its sandra who's messing up the scores ? or would changing the strip size have any affect, and if so do i have to reinstall it all to change the strip size ?? thx in advance

sandra sucks use Alto HDD benchmark, let us know what those are and if there low then you can start looking for a solution :)

can i change strip size without reinstalling ??

And were do i dl atto ?

ok tried it out, i get 80466 write and 83055 on read at the 1024

I compared it to another guy on this forum who posted his result here a bit down

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196072&highlight=atto

what i dont get is that untill the 8.0 im following him and therefrom he hits 100 and mine is moving slowly up from 60 where he is at 100.

Any ideas ? dont know if its the controller, its an adaptec and so on, this is kinda ****ing me off :/

well ive tried 16k 32k and 64k now, the controller arent offering other options, ive choosen 32k since it seems to be faster overall on my system at least, the controller are pretty much a bottleneck since every score i get are in the 90mb/s at most, damn u adaptec ;) well its still a noticeble improvement, but if anyone are having theese disk's on a promise sata raid controller wich arent built into the motherboard i'd really like to now what performance you get, so i'd know if its worth to buy one of thoose instead, im clearly not giong to buy a canterwood and a 3.0c mainly for the controllers sake ;)

But give ur thoughts on the promise pci controller plz :)

Back