• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Vantec VA4-C7040

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AccordinglyDone

When everyone installed this heat sink did you have to press really hard on the second clip with a screw driver to get it to latch on? I'm kinda nervous cuz I had to press fairly hard and I hope nothing is messed up.

I didn't use a screwdriver to press down on the clip, but I do remember having to press really hard several times before I finally succeeded, hard enough where I was worried about cracking the CPU die (which is also why I'm a bit reluctant to uninstall it again to apply some AS3)

I had an Aeroflow before my SLK-800a, and yes, you have to push down pretty hard to finish off the mounting job. You don't have to use a screwdriver, but a flat-head fits nicely into the slot, so you won't really have to worry about slipping off.

I took removed/remounted mine probably a half-dozen times, and never had a goof.

Back