• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7 or ASUS P4P800 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FastMHZ

Registered
Oh well, buying a new system...the main question:

Is the Canterwood much better than Springdale ??

I've been readind a lot about PAT and seems just another marketing stuff...

I have 2x 512Mb Corsair XMS PC3200 and P4 2.6C.

How good is ABIT IC7 over ASUS P4P800 ??? Wich one to get ?

Thanks in advanced.

Actually PAT does increase performance and ASUS as figured out how to activate PAT in the Springdale platform...so the P4P800 is looking good. It is at the same level as the Canterwood chipsets and its cheaper. Check out Toms to read for yourself. I wouldnt jump the gun just yet, but its looking good right now.

The new bios for the IC7's and IS7's also enables Pat/Mam/HyperPath or whatever you want to call it and it performs on par with the P4P800. If you're overclocking Pat/Mam/Hyperpath should be disabled anyway to allow for greater stability so it's a bit of a moot point. From the reviews, people have been happy with both so it just comes down to board features, price and brand loyalty. I personally don't think you can go wrong with either.

Cheers

Some new info:

ASUS P4P800 have MAM/PAT enable at 1:1 ratio, if you overclock and change the memory ratio for stability , the MAM/PAT doesn't work.

In any Canterwood motherboard, the PAT is always enable, no matter what ratio for memo you are using.

How far a P4 2.6c goes with 1:1 ratio and a good DDR400 ?

ozziegn said:
check out my thread at the [H] forums regarding my horrible experience with the P4P800.

after you read it, you'll clearly understand why I highly recommend the IC7 over the P4P800.

I will go with IC7 because of PAT is always enable in any memory ratio.

Hey, nice overclock!!! Is 100% stable in any task, game,... ??

How loud is that 92mm fan ?

My rig will be almost the same...IC7, 1Gb Corsair XMS 3200, 9700Pro AIW, SLK900...

Right now i'm trying to decide 2.4 ou 2.6.

pat does nothing. it is worthless, and will hinder your oc. the p4p800 preforms better than the ic7, so you would get the ic7 for pat which increases preformance...?! It is not as fast so you buy it for something that makes it run faster, but not as fast as something without it... i see the logic in that. get the p4p800, save yourself some money and get a board that oc's/preforms better. Getting the Ic7 is just stupid, especially if you wait a week for the epox 4pca3+, that board should put all other boards to shame, and give you the pat that you seem to blindly disregard an obvious preformance edge just to have.

I just noticed that you opened a thread asking which mobo people would recommend, the ic7 or the p4p800. The p4p800 one by about 10 to 1.

Back