• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios corupttion on nf-7 v2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smiley520

Hi all
I am looking to upgrade my mb, is bios trouble still a problem
if I get the v2 board and would you reccomend the bios savior kit
just to be safe.
thanks

I haven't opened the box of my NF7-S just yet, but I bought the survival kit just in-case. I've heard so many stories about it that I don't wanna take the risk and have a dead board before I even get to OC it! :D

i orderd a nf7-s 2.0 a few months ago and have not been able to kill my bios (probley could if i turned it off while the red screen was on ) but i did get a savor kit just incase

mine was a version 2.0, i know how i screwed it up though, i didnt check what version of board the NF7-S 1.9 bios was for so i flashed it to my bios chip then when i rebooted it didnt post.. only afterwards i found out the 1.9 bios was for only revision 1 boards and mine was rev 2.. well its been flashed now and upgraded to the 1.4 bios and everythings working great!

you should be fine with the v2 nfs. it's been fixed. the only thing that can happen now is if you setup is too aggresive. it will not boot, but all you need to do is reset the cmos and off she goes again.
This board will make any beginners into pro's in a few days, it's the best board for sure.

Thanks to all for the replies, you guys have have talked me into getting the nf 7 s & joining the oc'ing crowd.

smiley520 said:
Thanks to all for the replies, you guys have have talked me into getting the nf 7 s & joining the oc'ing crowd.

Yes, these guys are really good(bad for the wallet) at convincing :D

....my NF7-S arrives the 12th :D .....

Back