• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble getting past 200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiletto

nf7-s rev 2, barton 2500+, corsair xms 3200 ram.

First time OCing, so want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong.

Got up to 200fsp no problem while keeping my multi so my cpu is under stock at stock voltage. Now as soon as I go over 200fsb to 202, it errors on the first test off prime95. Upping my mem voltage all the way up while major lowering my multi doesnt help. I am correct in thinking I should be able to go past 200 with 3200 ram right? It just seems like a sharp jump from stable to unstable. Am I missing something?

Maybe try relaxing your memory timings. And technically, it's possible that you can't get past 200 with 3200 ram, because that's what it's rated for. Of course you should be able to get more out of pc3200 ram than 200mhz, but you never know.

Did you try increasing the cpu voltage?

Stiletto said:
nf7-s rev 2, barton 2500+, corsair xms 3200 ram.

First time OCing, so want to make sure I am doing nothing wrong.

Got up to 200fsp no problem while keeping my multi so my cpu is under stock at stock voltage. Now as soon as I go over 200fsb to 202, it errors on the first test off prime95. Upping my mem voltage all the way up while major lowering my multi doesnt help. I am correct in thinking I should be able to go past 200 with 3200 ram right? It just seems like a sharp jump from stable to unstable. Am I missing something?

It may not be a memory problem...the barton 2500 has been known to not like running a fsb of 200+. some can't even get 200. I remember reading a review a while back at [H] where i believe they tested three 2500s from the same batch and I think only one was able to do 200. It's just the luck of the draw. Also, if that memory is the 3200c2 version, try running your timings at 6-3-3-2. Only the 3200LL version is guarenteed to run 6-2-2-2.

Hammer

A couple of us with Corsair XMS3200 have the same problem. My NF7-S rev2 is perfectly stable at 205, but gets Prime95 errors right away at 206 and above. I have tried relaxing the RAM timings even to 7-3-3-2, but it didn't help. I have a 2100+ @ 2.46Ghz, so I don't think it's your CPU. I'm new to oc'ing, but the Corsair RAM seems to be the common thread.

hmmm i have the same prob with my corsair ram, i can run 205mhz FSB but anything above i cant even boot up! i get a sound that sounds like a fire engine! so i have to turn it off and reboot it... any1 had that? and what does that sound mean?

edit: any1 know a site that tells of what all the NF7-S v2.0 warning sounds mean?

i got similar problems with my corsair xms and nf7-s. 217 is rock stable, 218 and i can't even post. but i'm still happy at 17mhz over spec. :)

Those of you who are stuck at 205 and below, which BIOS are you using? I haven't gone to 1.4 yet, but I think I'll give it a shot to see if it helps.

Back