• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7 undervolt???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hmm this is really strange, i have set the vcore to 1.85 on my abit nf7-s fpr my 1700+ cpu, but when i boot into windows and check the vcore with MBM 5 it shows about 1.76-1.78, and this is the same when i use CPU-Z to diplay the stats of the cpu, and SpeedFan displays the same...

does this board undervolt? or are all the programs wrong? if so how all 3 have the same display? thanks alot, bye.

The only way to know for sure what is right is to make a physical measurement which I could do but too lazy.

I too have a similar problem. It is about 0.07 volts below the displayed value in bios.

Two things could be of issue here:

1) The voltage regulators get the voltage set my some programmable resistor vis-a-vis the bios. There could just be a fixed offset that was inadvertantly introduced.

2) The voltage regulators are falling out of regulation due to larger current loading. It is possible that the chip is pulling a bunch of current and creating a drop in the voltage being applied to the chip. This is a common "issue" where large current values are being drawn. This is not to say that the regulators are being run outside their limits. There could be series resistance on the board that could account for small voltage drops.

In the end I don't think it matters much since stability testing(Prime95) is what I look for. Although if the computer was crashing at default voltage and default clock speed then that is definitely something to be alarmed about. When overclocking you do what you can to achieve stability.

Anyway I'm starting to go off tangent a bit. I think we NF7-S 2.0 users should post our voltage-deltas and temperatures too! At least we can compare our results meaninfully since we all have the same board.

Last edited:
what do u mean by deltas and temperatures? whats delta? and temperatures of what? the mobo or the cpu?

voltage-delta: I think we should try to document the intended value - the MBM "measured" value

Temperatures would be the 2 thermal sensors on the mobo. I'm reading 42/50 with Bios 1.4 which I am testing right now.

Guys...i dunno why your going so in depth on this. It's been known for a while that the nf7 undervolts by .05 on average

i have my voltage set to 1.825 and its reported at 1.76-1.78 by every monitoring program. full load temp is 42C (after running F@H for 24hours so my water temp is at the highest temp it will go. when my water is 'cold' full load is under 38C).

Back