• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

virus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

hmm i just got an e-mail with this attached
Old Excel Documents.lnk.pif its 96KB im not going to open the attachment as I never do when im suspicious or if it comes from an address i dont know, but a google search brought up nothing so it could be something new. But the odd thing is in the subject it says Pipex Sales witch is a ISP I e-mailed not so long ago about there service, yet the e-amil it came from is [email protected] witch I dont think has anything to do with pipex.

odd thing is this is the second one ive had in the last few days and before this I think i must of had one in about 2 years.

EDIT: Ill delete it, its pretty obvious as no excel docment use a .pif file extension that I know of. What file extension is .pif anyway?

What did the email content say?

The w32 klez virus/worm once it infects your computer sends itself to all your email contacts (one might be you for some reasion) They use pre selected but usually short things like:

Regauding your application--or
see attachment etc.

All the diff versions of w32 have diff subject matters and I easily detect mine with norton av2003 (automatically)

Ive deleted it and cant rememeber what it said now, it was something like "the documents you requested" or somethign along those lines, i didnt ask for anything to be sent by the way:)

Back