• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Offical SVC Athlon DLT3C 0319 1700 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Grouch

Hello Hello,

I know alot of us have recently jumped on the Thoroughbred B wagon with the SVC Athlon 1700 DLT3C special. For those of you who don't know SVC has a "limited qty" of "JIUHB 0319 AMD XP 1700+" Athlons. These are 9 weeks newer than the DLT3Cs that everyone has been buying from excaliburpc.

This chip is really supposed to overclock well and is cheaper to boot. A few people have had sucsess comprable to the 0310 ones. Anyways, I know many people recently bought this proc from SVC and thought we should have one thread to all compare our experiences.

I just recieved mine about ten minutes ago. It is as advertised an AXDA1700DLT3C JIUHB 0319 WPMW. I noticed that the core is slightly chipped :(. Oddly though it is not chipped on a corner but rather there is a slight chip on one of the long sides. Hopefully this will not hinder the operation. Ill be testing the chip now and will hopefully report back latter with some good results :)

So, I was in the bathroom washing the Arctic Silver off my hands when i smell this horrible burning smell. I think at first that one of the vanity lights in the bathroom has burned out or something. Then I rush back to my bedroom where I find the source of the smell. Explatives run through my mind as I realize that rhe smell reminds me of the burning flesh of an athlon. I run and turn the powersupply off. In my haste I had forgotten to plug in the fricken heatsink fan and change the voltage settings. Yes, Windows is trying to boot on my brand new 1.5 volt tbred overclocked and set at 1.85 volts with out a fricken fan. The smell lingers in the room a while longer before i decide to plug the fan in and count my losses. Well to my suprise the friendly glow of ABIT bios greets me. I switch the chip to default voltage and clockspeed. Windows boots. I turn the computer off and crank the multiplier up to 15 to try my luck at 2 GHz.

And thats where it leaves me now--prime has been running fine for about 15 minutes now at two gigs and default voltage. This looks promising

Just got home and found my baby waiting for me. To bad there is nothing to put her in yet :) This will be my first computer building and overclocking experience. It sounds like with this chip I should have plenty of overhead.

Here is all the info in case anyone is interested.
AXDA1700DLT3C 9591037281400
JIUHB 0319WPMX 1999 AMD

Gawd Grouch, its stories like that that are likely to scare me off. Well not really, I think I am already hooked and I haven't even overclocked anything yet. I know I am going to have to triple check everything. Good luck with your "burning".

The Grouch said:
So, I was in the bathroom washing the Arctic Silver off my hands when i smell this horrible burning smell. I think at first that one of the vanity lights in the bathroom has burned out or something. Then I rush back to my bedroom where I find the source of the smell. Explatives run through my mind as I realize that rhe smell reminds me of the burning flesh of an athlon. I run and turn the powersupply off. In my haste I had forgotten to plug in the fricken heatsink fan and change the voltage settings. Yes, Windows is trying to boot on my brand new 1.5 volt tbred overclocked and set at 1.85 volts with out a fricken fan. The smell lingers in the room a while longer before i decide to plug the fan in and count my losses. Well to my suprise the friendly glow of ABIT bios greets me. I switch the chip to default voltage and clockspeed. Windows boots. I turn the computer off and crank the multiplier up to 15 to try my luck at 2 GHz.

And thats where it leaves me now--prime has been running fine for about 15 minutes now at two gigs and default voltage. This looks promising

Thats not the way you are supposed to burn in a CPU man ;)...glad it still works...and I will definetly be looking at the DIE very carefully now when mine gets here tomorrow (I hope)...

I received my SVC XP 1700+ DLT3C 0319 cpu today and took it for a ride on my Epox 8RDA. It runs at the following speeds below both PRIME 95 stable and Unreal Tournament 2003 stable:

200FSB X 11 = 2.2Ghz @ 1.575 Vcore 41C FULL LOAD
200FSB X 11.5 = 2.3Ghz @ 1.65 Vcore 43C FULL LOAD
200FSB X 12 = 2.4 Ghz @ 1.75 Vcore 50C FULL LOAD

I also tried 200FSB X 12.5 = 2.5Ghz at Vcores up to 1.825 and WINXP would boot to desktop, but PRIME 95 would lock upon the second or third line so I didn't want to give it anymore juice since the difference between 2.4Ghz and 2.5 Ghz is very minimal considering that extra Vcore strain on the CPU that it will take to get it to 2.5Ghz. This DLT3C 0319 WPMW seems to run cooler and definitely overclocks better then my DLT3C 0310 WPMW I got from PC Club. My DLT3C 0310 WPMW from PC Club could only do 2.3Ghz @ 1.7Vcore and it ran at 50C FULL LOAD in Prime 95. I It wouldn't do 2.4Ghz at the Vcores that I tried up to 1.75Vcore so I gave up on it because I didn't want it to go over 50C FULL LOAD. I would hihgly recommend getting one of these SVC Wonder Chips while they last because they definitely won't last long since they run cooler and overclock better then the DLT3C 0310 ones.

I just got mine today, but my NF7-S got sent back for RMA
on Monday so I won't see it for at least another week.

In the meantime I ordered an Epox 8RDA+ to hold me over
till I see my NF7-S again.

Plus I'm going to be beta testing the DFI NFII Lan Party.

Lots of AMD action going on at my place during this era of P4.

hurtz777 said:
I received my SVC XP 1700+ DLT3C 0319 cpu today and took it for a ride on my Epox 8RDA. It runs at the following speeds below both PRIME 95 stable and Unreal Tournament 2003 stable:

200FSB X 11 = 2.2Ghz @ 1.575 Vcore 41C FULL LOAD
200FSB X 11.5 = 2.3Ghz @ 1.65 Vcore 43C FULL LOAD
200FSB X 12 = 2.4 Ghz @ 1.75 Vcore 50C FULL LOAD

I also tried 200FSB X 12.5 = 2.5Ghz at Vcores up to 1.825 and WINXP would boot to desktop, but PRIME 95 would lock upon the second or third line so I didn't want to give it anymore juice since the difference between 2.4Ghz and 2.5 Ghz is very minimal considering that extra Vcore strain on the CPU that it will take to get it to 2.5Ghz. This DLT3C 0319 WPMW seems to run cooler and definitely overclocks better then my DLT3C 0310 WPMW I got from PC Club. My DLT3C 0310 WPMW from PC Club could only do 2.3Ghz @ 1.7Vcore and it ran at 50C FULL LOAD in Prime 95. I It wouldn't do 2.4Ghz at the Vcores that I tried up to 1.75Vcore so I gave up on it because I didn't want it to go over 50C FULL LOAD. I would hihgly recommend getting one of these SVC Wonder Chips while they last because they definitely won't last long since they run cooler and overclock better then the DLT3C 0310 ones.

Hey dude, nice OC.
I am starting to notice that I can't keep up with all the new stuff coming out now that I'm only home for 2-3 days a week. Well I never heard of this 0319 b4. happy to see AMD has made an even better core and its cheaper.

One thing I wanted to point you to tho, are the rules of the sig of these forums: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58341

tycho4511 said:
Gawd Grouch, its stories like that that are likely to scare me off. Well not really, I think I am already hooked and I haven't even overclocked anything yet. I know I am going to have to triple check everything. Good luck with your "burning". [/B]

Actually, it turns out that it wasn't the proc that i was smelling "burning" :D A piece of plastic had fallen from a bookshelf some how and onto an incandescent desk lamp, the plastic melted and was making the smell, but it sure scared me.

Right now I'm prime stable at 166 x 13.5 (2250 MHz) @ 1.65 volts. My temps are about 45* under load, which is about 6 degrees higher than when @ 2 Gigs with default voltage. Coming from a Palomino, I just can't get over these low temps ;). I'll post pics of my chip later.

Mine came in today as well. I orginally ordered a 0309 version, but SVC somehow didn't process my order, so I called them up and they finally got it out the door with this CPU instead - lucky me.

I got a ADXA1700DLT3C - JIUHB0319WPMW, but I won't get to play with it until this weekend.. Instead of having a rose colored core like my 2700+, this has a strange purple hue to it.

Other than forgetting my first order, everything went great with them, and at least they gave me the 0319 instead of the 0309 I originally ordered.

Not sure if I'll get more out of this processor than my current one or not, but we shall see!! :D

Last edited:
Mine arrives tommorow. Looking forward to playing with it. I have an xp2100 maxed out at 2332 mhz (11 x 211). Hoping to get over 2.4 ghz with this one.

As soon as I have results (tommorrow), I'll post them.

The Grouch said:

no reason y the chip should be dead. the nf7 board has autoshutdown at high temps. I was mounting my slk900u and i didnt tighten the screws down enough so the HS made poor contact to the core and it heated up very fast! well almost instantly I hear this beeping and the PC shuts down. I knew it was the HS and i kinda felt it wasnt tite enough but i didnt want to crush the core cuzz i took the copper shim off. I screwed it down more and it boots fine like nothing happend. pretty much all new good ocing boards have autoshutdown so i would not be worried but i still dont recommend trying it just for fun.

btw i just got my 319 from scv too and will try it tonight.

After a few hours of testing I seem to have run into a wall. The chip will boot at default voltage all the way up to ~2250 Mhz (166 x13). It is stable at this speed while running prime and 3Dmark loops. It isn't stable at higher speeds no mater the voltage or bus speed. The chip runs very cool at default voltage, 36* idle and only 40.5* after running prime for an hour. Once I raise the voltage up to about 1.65 the temps jump to 46* and at 1.8 V it runs at 54* under load! Hopefully after the chip burns in i while be able to break 2300 barrier and get to around 2500. The chip looks promising because it can clock so high on default voltage

I've ordered one of these 1700+'s.
I know my current MoBo is still running in the past of the SDRam days, but I tell you what . .this freakin kt133A chipset is MEAN!!!
GRR
anyways, they say alot of the KT7A-Raid (and non raid) boards play well with these T'Bred chips so I'm gonna see what she'll do@ stock.
I'll play with the o/c'ing and let you guys know how well it ran.

::knif_00::

The Grouch said:
After a few hours of testing I seem to have run into a wall. The chip will boot at default voltage all the way up to ~2250 Mhz (166 x13). It is stable at this speed while running prime and 3Dmark loops. It isn't stable at higher speeds no mater the voltage or bus speed. The chip runs very cool at default voltage, 36* idle and only 40.5* after running prime for an hour. Once I raise the voltage up to about 1.65 the temps jump to 46* and at 1.8 V it runs at 54* under load! Hopefully after the chip burns in i while be able to break 2300 barrier and get to around 2500. The chip looks promising because it can clock so high on default voltage

With the specs that you listed, why are you running a mere 166Mhz FSB? I would suggest going high FSB and lower multiplier since it will give you better overall system performance due to the extra memory bandwidth. Go and set your multiplier to like 5, and then upp the FSB until your memory craps out in memtest. Then go and set it a little lower and up the multiplier until the machine gets unstable then back it down a little to it's last stable point (since you dont want to go much higher with the vcore). I would imagine you could get like a 180-200Mhz FSB outta that memory.

Just swapped my 0310xpmw for my SVC 0319wpmw and so far it is more stable running at 2275mhz (12.5x181) than the 0310 did at 1.6v's (the 0310 needed 1.625v to be stable). I've been runnin' Prime95 since this morning without a hitch. These chips are amzaing!

Now which one will oc futher... we'll just have to wait and see (primary rig is almost complete). Anyone care to take a guess? :D

Nice, CrackPot. LEt us know some more how high that thing will really go with some more juice going through it. Good luck man.

I have done some overclocking of a 1700+ on air to 2.5+ GHz. I got to run stable to 2.59 GHz, and am still playing with it often. It is running at 2.54 GHz normally.

Some of the experience, analysis, and results may be useful for overclcoking the 1700+ 0319. Please take a look, question and comments welcome.

- Summary for overclocking CPU and FSB (page 2)
- Air Cooling Setup (page 2)
- Why the 1700+ can run so fast at low Vcore? (page 2)
- Relationship of clock, die temperature and Vcore (page 2)
- Question: How much power is increased ... (page 1 link)
- how many watts does your cpu take up? (page 1 link)
- Does this sound like a PSU problem? (page 1 link)
- How to interpret Sandra CPU benchmark, IPC and comparing with P4 (page 1)
- Comparing SLK-800 with Volcano 9 (page 4)
- Power of Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C at 2.5GHz 1.9V (page 4)
- Comparing power of Barton w/ 1700+ DLT3C (page 4)
- Temperature measurement and importance of HSF (page 5)
- Max Vcore for Tbred B and Barton (page 5)
of
Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2.5+ GHz air results

i cant seem to get 2.5ghz. above 1.85v seems to do no good for the cpu so i'd like to stay under that. I'm currently at 200fsb x 12 2.4ghz 1.75v on a NF7-S v2 with slk900u and 92mm fan. 47c load while prime. i tried 200fsb x 12.5 for 2500mhz and tried all the way up to 1.85v and it hardly even was able to get into windows. both my 310 and 319 seem to be able to do 2.4ghz but 2.5ghz wont happen even if i use a low fsb with higher multiplyer. ram is not an issue cuzz im using the 5/3 so ram is running very low like 250mhz range. any1 have any suggestions? i think these chips can do 2.5ghz but i dont know what im doing wrong in the bios setup. btw im using nf7d14 bios.

Last edited:
altec said:
With the specs that you listed, why are you running a mere 166Mhz FSB? I would suggest going high FSB and lower multiplier since it will give you better overall system performance due to the extra memory bandwidth.

I would do this except that i have a gig of pretty crappy generic PC 2700. This stuff craps out practicly at 168 mhz. What would be nice is if nForce boards did dual channel the right way so that I could run the ram in "sync" at half the speed of the FSB ala canterwood and springdale. :mad:

NoxioN said:
i cant seem to get 2.5ghz. above 1.85v seems to do no good for the cpu so i'd like to stay under that. I'm currently at 200fsb x 12 2.4ghz 1.75v on a NF7-S v2 with slk900u and 92mm fan. 47c load while prime. i tried 200fsb x 12.5 for 2500mhz and tried all the way up to 1.85v and it hardly even was able to get into windows. both my 310 and 319 seem to be able to do 2.4ghz but 2.5ghz wont happen even if i use a low fsb with higher multiplyer. ram is not an issue cuzz im using the 5/3 so ram is running very low like 250mhz range. any1 have any suggestions? i think these chips can do 2.5ghz but i dont know what im doing wrong in the bios setup. btw im using nf7d14 bios.

It looks like you have all the good hardwares to oc the CPU. I think these chips when above 2.4 GHz, the CPU current and Vcore fluctuate more than the norm, and very stable 12V is needed.

NF7-S uses 12V to generate Vcore. ave you looked at how the 12V line (maybe also the 5V line) fluctuate using some software like MBM5, ... What PSU do you have?

Last edited:
Back