• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8rda3+ out now at Newegg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After frying my 8rda+ after attempting that damnned vdd mod I'm getting an 8rda3+ that at the very least supports 200mhz fsb which the 8rda+ I ended up getting and frying only ran around 185mhz fsb before becoming unstable (hence the vdd mod attempt, which did do the trick to some degree before I managed to shortciruit something.)

Hi Guys :)

I'm about to buy a 8rda3+ but i just wanted to know if the bios corruption prob is solved with this board.

Tnx for the help

Grtz

mikapc said:
After frying my 8rda+ after attempting that damnned vdd mod I'm getting an 8rda3+ that at the very least supports 200mhz fsb which the 8rda+ I ended up getting and frying only ran around 185mhz fsb before becoming unstable (hence the vdd mod attempt, which did do the trick to some degree before I managed to shortciruit something.)

Maybe I just got lucky, but my stock cooled board does 200 fsb easy. The trick was to blow a lot of cool air onto the NB and surrounding area.

I can't wait for the 8rda3+ to come in though, should be today!

Oohh...I would like to know how it does, because I'm torn between the 8rda3+ and the abit nf7-s.

Wangster said:

Maybe I just got lucky, but my stock cooled board does 200 fsb easy. The trick was to blow a lot of cool air onto the NB and surrounding area.

I can't wait for the 8rda3+ to come in though, should be today!

A3 quality varies. Some can do 220FSB with the stock cooler and little to no airflow.

Some, like me, can only do 170 or 180 on stock VDD.

Fortunately, the VDD mod worked out, and I managed to do well even with a very crappy soldering iron.

Back