• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uk Ocer needs US help xp1700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheDogFather

Xtreme refugee
Hello, as the title suggests im in the UK and cant track down a XP1700 thats any good, found a few on US sites but they wont ship internationaly, has anyone got any suggestions ? The chip im looking for is a AXDA1700DLT3C JUIHB0308XPMW or simialar week 7 or 10. Unless youve any other suggestions on one that will hit 2500mhz.

Yeah thanks, im a member of the first one and theyre out and wont be getting any more, the second is out was supposed to be getting some and didnt arrive, may get some, may not.

And believe me ive tried everywhere in the UK, hence im here.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!

the week 8's are the worst of the three, i think the week 10 is the best, then the 7, then the 8 ;)

oh, and if they are all out, unfortunatly, they might be out for good :( AMD stopped making them.

www.pclincs.co.uk have DLT3Cs in stock

There's littlepoint trying to find a specific week because within the weeks there are variances. I have week 13 doing 2400 at only 1.65v but I don't want to go higher on the volts. i'm sure it would do 2500 but I don't care to push that hard.

What I really need is a headsup on a US retailer with some in stock that will ship to the UK (should have made it clearer) Im familiar with the UK retailers, am a active member of OCUK spoke to them day before yesterday and theyre out for ever (shame I wasnt a week earlier) and I realise they are disapearing and are no longer in manufacture, hence my desparation (sent over 130 emails in last 2 days)

Oh and thanks for the wellcome, been a member for a while, just havnt posted much.

TheDogFather said:

Oh and thanks for the wellcome, been a member for a while, just havnt posted much.

OOPSEY!!! sorry, i just look at the stars and if there are none, i automatically try to welcome everybody. ive looked and looked and cant find anything for you, sorry. good luck!!!

Hey mike you here too, yes its the same TheDogFather from OcUK cant renember what the deal with pclinks was but no good for some reason, allthough ill go back and check. Wasnt so much after a certain week, just to give people a idea.

I am a little stressed and starting to go demented, too many figures, too many emails to sales assistants with no idea, too many numbers. :p

TDF.

You can check www.eglobalci.com they are Canadian and the last time i looked they had the 1700+ still that was a week ago so they might not have them today.

I am not to sure if they do international shipping to the UK but i kno wthey ship to the United States but you could give them a shout by calling them or emailing then i recomend calling and finding out since its a faster response time.

Anyways good luck :)

The 0308XPMW is a wonderful chip. Week 10's doing better than others is a complete misconception, in fact, the 0308's were probably a little better than the week 10's, 0307's being the best for air. The first letter is far more indicative of overclockability, btw. But don't worry yourself over week numbers or letter codes. It does seem like DLT3C's are in very short supply these days, especially outside of the U.S. Eglobal seems to be out of them; all they've got now are DUT3C's. My suggestion would be to get a 2500+. Just about every Barton I've ever seen with good cooling and a good mobo has made it to at least 2.3. The newer weeks are proving to do still better, and 2.5 should be quite possible with them. 2.4 with a Barton roughly equates to 2.5 with a Thoroughbred, so there's no going wrong with it. It is pricey though, but I doubt it could vastly exceed the price of finding a DLT3C from a North American retailler, and then getting it shipped to the UK. Another good option is the 2100+, AIUHB. The better weeks are nearly impossible to find these days, though, so its probably in your best interests to invest a little extra into the Barton, which has a good chance of exceeding both the 1700+ and 2100+ in performance.

Thanks to everyone for there replies and help, ive now ordered a 0310MPMW, am going to order the XPMW if the place gets them back in stock, and am going to have a read up on some other options. I figure as theyre disapearing they wont be hard to sell on again.

Meant to include Canada earlier, being Canadian myself.

TDF.

Yes Mike, ordered the MPMW, from there was reluctant to as was a bit unsure of its potential, but its probobally the best of what I could find. Places are running out rapidly, I had one place yesterday, I phoned and they were in stock, emailed another department to check on the stepping, then went to place my order and they had sold out, about 30 minutes from joy to disapointment.

Hopefully, theres a few places awaiting stock, so ill get another just to make it more likely, ill get a good speed.

Thanks for the pointer on that, and ill check out there forums as im going to watercool this next rig.

TDF.

I think it's extremely unlikely that you would find a 1700+ on sale now which is not a T-Bred B, and probably all at least 0308's or newer.

As for exact steppings beyond that, on the grounds that most people aren't exactly sure how much difference they make, the best option is probably to find the best, cheapest deal, and buy that. If it sucks RMA it and get another. (or keep it if you don't like RMAing)

Big :thup: up to cpucity, they have some JIUHB DLT3C 0319WPMW cores - mine is on its way :) . I doubt they will last very long though.

Dave

Yeah I think im going to order one of them too, allthough theres a thread here just for them and they seem to go 2.2 to 2.4, going to read that thread again, have a google and decide.

OcUK have some DLT3C's in again (although they said they wouldnt) but aint been able to find out what ones.

Thanks again.

TDF.

Back